Taco Salad Meal Prep
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Serves: 4-6
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix
- Shredded lettuce
- Fritos or your favorite corn chips
- Shredded cheese (cheddar or Mexican blend)
- Catalina salad dressing (or salsa, sour cream, or your preferred toppings)
1. Brown the Ground Beef:
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook the ground beef until it’s browned and cooked through.
- Drain any excess grease.
2. Season with Taco Seasoning:
- Return the cooked beef to the skillet.
- Sprinkle the taco seasoning mix over the meat.
- Follow the package instructions for mixing in the seasoning and adding water if required.
- Cook for a few more minutes until the seasoning is well incorporated with the beef.
3. Assemble the Taco Salad:
- In individual meal prep containers or a large serving bowl, start by layering the ingredients:
- Begin with a layer of shredded lettuce.
- Add a generous portion of the seasoned ground beef on top of the lettuce.
- Sprinkle a handful of Fritos or corn chips over the meat.
- Top with a layer of shredded cheese.
4. Dress and Customize:
- Before serving, drizzle Catalina salad dressing (or your preferred dressing) over the top. You can also use salsa, sour cream, or any other toppings you like.
5. Cold or Warm:
- If you prefer your taco salad cold, layer the lettuce with the meat in your meal prep container. If you’d like the meat warmed, you can heat it separately before adding it to your salad.
6. Seal and Store:
- If you’re meal prepping for the week, make sure your containers have a tight seal to keep the ingredients fresh.
- Refrigerate your taco salad until you’re ready to enjoy a delicious and convenient lunch!
This Taco Salad Meal Prep is a versatile and satisfying option for a quick and tasty lunch. Feel free to customize it with your favorite toppings and enjoy the convenience of having your meal ready for the week.