Indulge in the irresistible blend of velvety sweet potatoes, warm spices, and gooey marshmallows with this delightful Sweet Potato Casserole recipe. Effortlessly easy yet wonderfully satisfying, this dish is a perfect addition to any gathering or a comforting weeknight treat. Prepare yourself for a symphony of flavors and textures that will elevate your dining experience.
Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe:
- 3 large sweet potatoes, cubed and boiled
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 bag of mini marshmallows (10 oz)
- Boil Sweet Potatoes:
- Peel and cube the sweet potatoes. Boil them until fork-tender. Drain and set aside.
- Prepare Sweet Potato Mash:
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the boiled sweet potatoes. Add in milk, butter, vanilla extract, eggs, and 1 cup of brown sugar. Mix until well combined.
- Preheat Oven:
- Preheat your oven to 365°F (185°C).
- Grease Casserole Dish:
- Lightly grease a casserole dish to prevent sticking.
- Transfer Mixture to Casserole Dish:
- Evenly transfer the sweet potato mixture into the prepared casserole dish, smoothing the top with a spatula.
- Sprinkle with Brown Sugar (Optional):
- For an extra sweet and caramelized top, sprinkle an additional layer of brown sugar over the sweet potato mixture.
- Top with Mini Marshmallows:
- Generously cover the sweet potato mixture with a layer of mini marshmallows. The marshmallows will create a gooey, golden topping during baking.
- Bake the sweet potato casserole in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the marshmallows turn golden brown and slightly crispy.
- Serve Warm:
- Allow the casserole to cool for a few minutes before serving. The marshmallows will be delightfully gooey, and the sweet potato base will be rich and flavorful.
- Enjoy the Decadence:
- Serve this sweet potato casserole as a side dish during holiday feasts or enjoy it as a comforting dessert. The creamy sweet potato base combined with the gooey marshmallow topping creates a truly decadent experience.
- Optional Variations:
- Get creative with your toppings! Consider adding a sprinkle of cinnamon, chopped pecans, or a drizzle of maple syrup for an extra layer of flavor.
- Store Any Leftovers:
- If there are any leftovers (which is rare!), store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Reheat portions as needed.
Indulge in the warmth and sweetness of this Sweet Potato Casserole, a dish that effortlessly blends simplicity with pure deliciousness. Perfect for sharing with loved ones or savoring on a cozy evening. Enjoy!