Mini Chicken Pot Pies Recipe:
- 1 lb chicken, cubed and cooked (seasoned to taste)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Mixed vegetables (frozen, pre-cooked)
- Refrigerated biscuits
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Roll out the refrigerated biscuits flat.
- In a bowl, combine the cooked and seasoned chicken cubes with cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and mixed vegetables.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Place the rolled biscuits in 8 of the 12 muffin tin holes, ensuring they cover the bottom and sides.
- Spoon a generous amount of the chicken filling into each biscuit-lined muffin hole.
- Pinch the tops of the biscuits together to seal the mini pot pies.
- Place the muffin tin in the preheated oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the tops of the mini pot pies are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes.
- Carefully take the mini chicken pot pies out of the muffin tin.
- Serve and enjoy your easy and delicious mini chicken pot pies!
These mini chicken pot pies are perfect for a quick and satisfying meal, especially for kids and picky eaters. Feel free to customize the filling with your favorite seasonings and vegetables.
Some popular questions and their answers related to the Mini Chicken Pot Pies Recipe:
Certainly! Here are some popular questions and their answers related to Mini Chicken Pot Pies:
- Q: Can I use store-bought pie crust for mini chicken pot pies?
- A: Yes, you can use store-bought pie crust to save time. Just follow the instructions for rolling and cutting to fit your mini pie tins.
- Q: Can I make mini chicken pot pies ahead of time and freeze them?
- A: Absolutely! Once assembled, you can freeze the mini chicken pot pies before baking. When ready to enjoy, bake them from frozen, adding a few extra minutes to the baking time.
- Q: Can I substitute the chicken with another protein or make vegetarian mini pot pies?
- A: Certainly! You can use turkey, beef, or even tofu for a vegetarian version. Adjust the seasoning accordingly to complement the chosen protein.
- Q: How long do I need to bake mini chicken pot pies?
- A: Generally, bake them in a preheated oven at 375°F (190°C) for about 20-25 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is hot and bubbly.
- Q: What sides go well with mini chicken pot pies?
- A: Common sides include a simple green salad, roasted vegetables, or a side of mashed potatoes. It’s versatile, so choose sides based on your preferences.
- Q: Can I use a different type of pastry for the crust?
- A: Yes, you can experiment with different pastry types, like puff pastry or biscuit dough, for a unique twist on the classic mini chicken pot pie.
- Q: How do I prevent the bottom crust from getting soggy?
- A: To prevent a soggy bottom crust, you can blind bake the crust for a few minutes before adding the filling. This creates a barrier and helps keep the crust crisp.
- Q: Can I make mini chicken pot pies in a muffin tin if I don’t have mini pie tins?
- A: Absolutely! Muffin tins work well for mini chicken pot pies. Adjust the size of your dough circles to fit the muffin cups.
- Q: What’s a good substitute for cream of chicken soup in the recipe?
- A: You can substitute cream of mushroom soup, cream of celery soup, or make a homemade white sauce using chicken broth as a base.
- Q: Can I use leftover Thanksgiving turkey for mini pot pies?
- A: Yes, using leftover turkey is a fantastic idea! It adds a delicious twist to the mini chicken pot pies and helps reduce food waste. Adjust seasoning as needed.