Certainly! Here’s the full recipe for Honey Garlic Chicken:
Honey Garlic Chicken Recipe:
- 2 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts (split)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Honey
- Lightly season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Place flour in a shallow dish. Coat each piece of chicken with flour, shaking off any excess.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and sear for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked through. The flour coating should create a nice crust.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and set it aside.
- In the same skillet, add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. Once melted, add minced garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Stir in vinegar, soy sauce, and honey. Allow the mixture to simmer until it thickens slightly.
- Return the seared chicken to the skillet, coating it with the honey garlic sauce. Let it simmer for a couple of minutes until the chicken is well-coated and heated through.
- Serve the Honey Garlic Chicken over rice, spooning extra sauce on top.
Enjoy your delicious Honey Garlic Chicken dinner! If you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask.
Absolutely! Here are some popular questions and their answers related to the Honey Garlic Chicken recipe:
Q1: Can I use bone-in chicken for this recipe? A1: While boneless, skinless chicken breasts are recommended for quicker cooking, you can use bone-in chicken; just adjust the cooking time to ensure it’s cooked through.
Q2: Is it necessary to coat the chicken with flour? A2: Coating the chicken with flour creates a nice crust when seared, but you can skip this step if you prefer a lighter version.
Q3: Can I substitute the honey with another sweetener? A3: Yes, you can experiment with substitutes like maple syrup or agave nectar, but it might alter the flavor slightly.
Q4: What side dishes pair well with Honey Garlic Chicken? A4: This dish goes well with rice, quinoa, or steamed vegetables. Broccoli, carrots, or green beans are great options.
Q5: Can I make this recipe in advance? A5: The chicken is best served fresh, but you can prepare the sauce in advance and store it separately. Reheat the sauce and combine it with freshly seared chicken when ready to serve.
Q6: Is the sauce very sweet? A6: The honey provides sweetness, but the soy sauce and vinegar balance it with savory and tangy flavors. Adjust honey quantities to suit your taste preferences.