Garlic Knots with Cheesy Chicken Sausage Alfredo Recipe
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 25 minutes Serves: 4
For Garlic Knots:
- 1 pound pizza dough (store-bought or homemade)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Salt, to taste
For Cheesy Chicken Sausage Alfredo:
- 12 ounces penne pasta (or your choice of pasta)
- 2 Zummo sausages (or any sausage of your choice), sliced
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 cup shrimp, peeled and deveined (optional)
- 1 jar (about 15 ounces) four cheese Alfredo sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat the Oven:
- Preheat your oven to the temperature recommended on the pizza dough package (usually around 375°F or 190°C).
2. Prepare Garlic Knots:
- Roll out the pizza dough into a large rectangle or circle on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut the dough into strips, then tie each strip into a knot.
- Place the garlic knots on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
3. Bake Garlic Knots:
- Bake the garlic knots in the preheated oven according to the package instructions for the pizza dough, or until they are golden brown.
- While the knots are baking, prepare the Alfredo sauce and pasta.
4. Cook Pasta:
- Cook the penne pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
5. Prepare Alfredo Sauce:
- In a large skillet, heat a bit of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the sliced sausages and diced chicken breasts. Cook until they are browned and cooked through.
- If using shrimp, add them to the skillet and cook until they turn pink and opaque.
- Pour in the four cheese Alfredo sauce and stir to combine. Cook until the sauce is heated through.
6. Combine Pasta and Sauce:
- Add the cooked penne pasta to the skillet with the Alfredo sauce. Toss everything together until the pasta is well-coated with the sauce.
7. Finish Garlic Knots:
- In a small bowl, mix the melted butter, minced garlic, chopped parsley (if using), and a pinch of salt.
- As soon as the garlic knots come out of the oven, brush them with the garlic butter mixture while they are still hot.
- Serve the Cheesy Chicken Sausage Alfredo over the prepared penne pasta.
- Optionally, garnish with grated Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.
9. Enjoy Your Delicious Garlic Knots with Cheesy Chicken Sausage Alfredo!
- This meal is sure to satisfy your craving for a rich and flavorful Alfredo pasta with a side of garlic knots. Enjoy your homemade Italian feast!