Delicious Scalloped Potatoes!!!
* ¼ cup butter
* 1 large onion diced
* 2 cloves garlic minced
* ¼ cup flour
* 2 cups milk
* 1 cup chicken broth
* ½ teaspoon salt
* ¼ teaspoon pepper
* 3 pounds white potatoes sliced thin
* salt and pepper to taste
* To make the sauce, melt butter with sliced onions and minced garlic over medium-low heat. Cook until onions are softened, (about 3-5 minutes). Add flour and cook for 1-2 minutes.
* Reduce heat to low. Combine milk and broth. Add a small amount at a time whisking to thicken. The mixture will become very thick, continue adding a little bit of liquid at a time whisking until smooth.
* Once all of the liquid has been added, bring to a boil over medium heat while continuing to whisk. Stir in salt and pepper and let boil 1 minute.
* Grease a 9″x13″ baking dish. Place ⅓ of the potatoes in the bottom and season with salt and pepper. Pour ⅓ of the cream sauce over top.
* Repeat layers ending with cream sauce. Cover and bake for 45 minutes @ 350 degrees.
* Uncover and bake for an additional 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and potatoes are tender. Broil for 3-4 minutes to obtain a golden top.
* Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.