Here’s a recipe for creamy Swedish Meatballs with egg noodles:
- Frozen Swedish meatballs (about 1 pound)
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 can (10.5 ounces) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 packet brown gravy mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1-2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (adjust to taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- In a large skillet or deep pan, brown the frozen Swedish meatballs over medium heat until they are cooked through and browned on all sides. You can add a little oil or butter if needed.
- While the meatballs are browning, cook the wide egg noodles according to the package instructions until they are al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Once the meatballs are cooked, remove them from the skillet and set them aside.
- In the same skillet, add beef broth and bring it to a simmer.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cream of mushroom soup and brown gravy mix until well combined. Pour this mixture into the simmering beef broth and stir to combine.
- Add the cooked meatballs back to the skillet and let the mixture simmer for a few minutes, allowing the flavors to meld. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce the heat to low, then stir in the sour cream and Worcestershire sauce. Continue to stir until the sauce is creamy and well combined.
- Add the cooked wide egg noodles to the skillet and gently stir to coat them with the creamy sauce. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until everything is heated through.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning with more salt, pepper, or Worcestershire sauce if needed.
- Serve the Swedish Meatballs and creamy sauce over the egg noodles. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley if desired.
Enjoy your comforting and creamy Swedish Meatballs with egg noodles!