Creamy Potato Soup with Bacon
- 1 bag frozen diced potatoes
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- Cheese (cheddar or your choice), shredded, to your liking
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 block cream cheese
- 1 box (32 oz) chicken broth
- Bacon, fried and cut into pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: additional shredded cheese, chives, or green onions
- Prepare Bacon:
- Fry bacon until crispy. Once cooked, cut it into small pieces. Set aside.
- Combine Ingredients in Crock Pot:
- In a crock pot, combine the frozen diced potatoes, cream of chicken soup, shredded cheese, sour cream, cream cheese (cut into chunks), and the entire box of chicken broth.
- Stir Well:
- Stir the ingredients together until well combined. The cream cheese may take some time to fully melt and incorporate.
- Add Bacon:
- Add the fried and cut bacon pieces into the crock pot. Keep a small portion aside for garnish if desired.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste. Keep in mind that the bacon and cheese will add some saltiness.
- Cook on Low:
- Cook the soup on low in the crock pot for approximately 4 hours. This allows the flavors to meld and the potatoes to become tender.
- Check Consistency:
- If the soup is too thick for your liking, you can add more chicken broth to reach your desired consistency.
- Once the soup is ready, ladle it into bowls. Garnish with additional shredded cheese, chives, green onions, and the reserved bacon pieces.
- Serve the creamy potato soup hot and enjoy the comforting flavors!
- Optional: Bread on the Side:
- Consider serving the potato soup with a side of crusty bread or rolls for a complete and satisfying meal.
This easy and flavorful potato soup is perfect for cozy nights or whenever you’re in the mood for a hearty, comforting dish. Enjoy!