Panera’s Broccoli Cheddar Soup is comfort food at its best and tastes just like Panera. This soup is an easy dinner that hits the spot and quick enough for a weeknight.
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup diced onions (yellow or white)
- 1 cup shredded carrots (I used matchsticks that I cut into half inch pieces)
- 2 ½-3 cups broccoli florets, chopped small
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk (I use skim/fat free)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes (or more as desired)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
How To Make Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup
- In a large pot over medium high heat, melt butter. Add in onions, carrots and broccoli. Cook to soften about 5 minutes (may be more or less depending on the size vegetables you cut).
- Slowly add in broth, milk, and cream. Sprinkle with flour and add salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Continue stirring and heating over medium heat until thickened. This will take about 10-15 minutes.
- Once thick, add cheese and stir until melted and smooth. Serve soup and enjoy!