Here’s a simple and budget-friendly recipe for Chicken and Rice Casserole:
- 1 package of chicken tenderloins
- 2 packs of Knorr’s rice (e.g., Chicken Fried Rice flavor)
- 2 cans of cream of chicken soup
- 1 can of chicken broth
- Your favorite shredded cheese
- Optional: Salt, pepper, and other seasonings to taste
- Optional: Steamed broccoli or any other vegetable of your choice
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large casserole dish, spread the rice evenly.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cream of chicken soup and chicken broth. You can also season this mixture with salt, pepper, or any other preferred seasonings.
- Pour the soup and broth mixture over the rice, ensuring that it’s evenly distributed.
- Place the chicken tenderloins on top of the rice mixture. You can season the chicken with salt, pepper, or any other preferred seasonings at this point.
- Cover the casserole dish with foil or a lid and bake it in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes. The exact time may vary depending on your oven, so check to ensure that the chicken is cooked through and the rice is tender.
- Once the chicken and rice are cooked, remove the dish from the oven and sprinkle your favorite shredded cheese on top.
- Return the casserole to the oven for an additional 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- While the casserole is baking, you can steam some broccoli or your preferred vegetable to serve as a side dish.
- Serve your Chicken and Rice Casserole hot with the steamed vegetables on the side.
This easy and delicious casserole is a great way to enjoy a comforting meal without breaking the bank. Enjoy your dinner!