Certainly! Here’s a budget-friendly and delicious recipe for Broccoli and Chicken Casserole:
- 2 bags of broccoli florets
- 2 cans of cream of chicken soup
- 1 small can of chicken stock (approximately 10.5 ounces)
- 2/3 cup of mayonnaise
- Shredded cheese (about 1 cup or to taste)
- Stovetop Savory Herbs stuffing mix
- Shredded chicken (you can use a whole rotisserie chicken)
- 1/2 stick of butter
- Preheat the Oven:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Prepare the Broccoli and Chicken:
- Steam or boil the broccoli florets until they are slightly tender, then drain them.
- Prepare the Casserole Mixture:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream of chicken soup, chicken stock, and mayonnaise. Mix them until well combined.
- Add Shredded Cheese:
- Stir in the shredded cheese into the mixture. You can adjust the amount of cheese based on your preference.
- Prepare the Stuffing Mix:
- Prepare the Stovetop Savory Herbs stuffing mix according to the package instructions.
- Layer the Casserole:
- In a large baking dish, layer the partially cooked broccoli florets.
- Add the shredded chicken on top of the broccoli.
- Pour the Casserole Mixture:
- Pour the cream of chicken, chicken stock, mayonnaise, and cheese mixture over the broccoli and chicken.
- Top with Stuffing and Butter:
- Sprinkle the prepared stuffing mix evenly over the top of the casserole.
- Place small pieces of butter on top of the stuffing.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and Finish Baking:
- After 30 minutes, remove the foil and continue baking for an additional 15 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the casserole is bubbling.
- Allow the casserole to cool for a few minutes before serving.
This budget-friendly broccoli and chicken casserole is both creamy and satisfying. It’s a great option for a delicious family dinner without breaking the bank. Enjoy