Ruth Chris’ Sweet Potato Casserole
1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup flour
1 cup chopped nuts (pecans preferred)
1/4 cup butter (melted)
SWEET POTATO MIXTURE
3 cups mashed sweet potatoes
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs (well-beaten)
1/2 cup butter, melted (1/2 cup)
1. Combine brown sugar, flour, nuts, and butter in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Combine sweet potatoes, sugar, salt, vanilla, eggs, and butter in a mixing bowl in the order listed. Mix thoroughly.
4. Pour mixture into a buttered baking dish.
5. Sprinkle the surface of the sweet potato mixture evenly with the crust mixture.
6. Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to set at least 30 minutes before serving.