My family gobbled it up. My picky 10-year-old even ate it several times. And guess what, my husband and I loved it too! It was truly a hit for the whole family. How could it not be? Loaded with chili, hot dogs, cheese, and tater tots? I mean all the tasty things combined in a filling casserole.
We are a Little League family, which means that when spring comes around, we get busy. Between games and practices for both boys, our dinners can sometimes seem a little rushed. That’s when I look for quick and easy recipes that will fill my family up while being something they won’t complain about eating. Such is the case with this chili potato casserole.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 (15-ounce) can of chili
- 1 (16-ounce) package of tater tots
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Add onion and green pepper; cook until tender. Stir in chili.
- Pour into a greased 9×13 inch baking dish. Cover with tater tots. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted