Indulge in the flavors of a classic Big Mac with a delightful twist in this easy and budget-friendly Big Mac Salad. Packed with crisp lettuce, seasoned ground beef, cherry tomatoes, dill pickles, and shredded cheese, it’s a filling and delicious meal that won’t break the bank. Drizzled with a homemade special sauce, this salad captures the essence of the iconic burger. Simple, satisfying, and perfect for a quick weeknight dinner.
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce, cut up
- 1 lb ground hamburger, seasoned with garlic powder and a pinch of salt
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup dill pickles, cut into pieces
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup real mayo
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Prepare the Salad:
- In a large bowl, toss the cut-up iceberg lettuce.
- In a skillet, cook the seasoned ground hamburger until browned and cooked through.
- Add the cooked ground beef on top of the lettuce.
- Scatter cherry tomatoes, dill pickles, and shredded cheese over the salad.
- Make the Dressing:
- In a small bowl, mix together real mayo, ketchup, white vinegar, and salt. Adjust the quantities to your taste preferences.
- Combine and Serve:
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad.
- Toss everything together until well coated with the dressing.
- Serve immediately and enjoy your satisfying and wallet-friendly Big Mac Salad!
- Customize your salad by adding onions, sesame seeds, or a sprinkle of sesame oil for an extra flavor boost.
- For a lighter version, use lean ground beef or turkey.
- Double the dressing recipe and keep it on the side for those who enjoy an extra kick of flavor.
This Big Mac Salad is not only a cost-effective alternative but also a delicious way to satisfy your burger cravings in a healthier, salad form. Enjoy this easy-to-make and delightful meal!