3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies:
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine 1 cup of peanut butter, 1 cup of sugar, and 1 egg.
- Mix the ingredients together until you have a smooth and creamy cookie dough.
- Roll the cookie dough into balls. This batch should make around 20 cookies.
- Place the cookie balls on the prepared baking sheet. Flatten each ball with a fork, creating a crisscross pattern on the top of each cookie.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Once baked, remove the cookies from the oven and let them sit on the baking sheet for 2 minutes.
- Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For variation, you can add a handful of chocolate chips, marshmallows, or a drop or two of vanilla to the cookie dough.
- These cookies are versatile and forgiving, so feel free to experiment with different add-ins for a personalized touch.
Enjoy your simple and delicious peanut butter cookies!
Most Popular Questions and Answers Related to 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies:
Q: Can I use natural peanut butter for this recipe? A: Yes, you can use natural peanut butter, but keep in mind that it might result in a slightly different texture and flavor compared to conventional peanut butter.
Q: Can I substitute the sugar with a sugar alternative or reduce the sugar content? A: You can experiment with sugar alternatives, but it may affect the texture and sweetness of the cookies. Reducing the sugar may also alter the results.
Q: Can I use chunky peanut butter instead of creamy? A: While creamy peanut butter is traditionally used, you can use chunky if you prefer the added texture of nuts in your cookies.
Q: Are these cookies gluten-free? A: Yes, these cookies are naturally gluten-free since they don’t contain any flour. However, make sure your other ingredients are also gluten-free if you have dietary restrictions.
Q: How should I store these cookies? A: Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for a few days. If you want to keep them longer, you can freeze the unbaked cookie dough or the baked cookies.
Q: Can I add chocolate chips or other mix-ins to the dough? A: Absolutely! Feel free to customize the cookies by adding chocolate chips, nuts, or other mix-ins to enhance the flavor and texture.
Q: Can I double or halve the recipe? A: Yes, you can easily double or halve the recipe based on your needs. Adjust the quantities accordingly while maintaining the same ratios.
Q: Can I make these cookies without eggs? A: You can try using egg substitutes like applesauce or mashed banana, but it may affect the final texture of the cookies.
Q: Can kids make these cookies with supervision? A: Absolutely! This recipe is simple and kid-friendly. With supervision, kids can enjoy measuring, mixing, and shaping the cookie dough.
Q: Are these cookies suitable for a low-carb diet? A: These cookies contain sugar, so they may not be suitable for a strict low-carb diet. However, you can explore alternative sweeteners if you’re following a low-carb lifestyle.
Enjoy baking and savoring your delightful 3-ingredient peanut butter cookies!